Thursday, September 26, 2013

What Recession?

I'm only kidding about the recession thing, obviously, but I seem to have this issue where I cannot stop getting getting myself hired. And not only to make wedding dresses, either. I just took on a job as costume shop supervisor of a local university where I oversee student employees and collaborate with faculty designers. This is great for several reasons: it pays the bills while I'm growing Something New, I get to work with awesome students, I work with talented theatre and music professionals, and there's always potential networking possibilities across creative fields! It's also a bit of a struggle for other reasons, first and foremost: time!!

I've had to take a hard look at the work I do for my business. I've had to eliminate the non-essentials, and, blog, I'm sorry, but it's just not working out. It's not you, it's me! I just, need more time to focus on my career goals! But we can still be friends, right? 

The point of this is to alert any travelers to happen to find themselves on this website that Something New is indeed alive and well. Send me an e-mail. Let me know what you think of my designs, tell me what you had for breakfast! Anything! I'll get back to you promptly, I promise. 

It's just that all of those essays on the ethics of they way we consume clothing...well, they're going to have to wait (even though, honestly, we can impose all the rules and regulations on factories to make ourselves feel better, but working conditions in overseas factories cannot change until we address how we buy our clothing!). Whew, okay, enough for now.

Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment