Monday, August 30, 2010

Joe and Sarah

Welcome to my first post!  This blog represents my little corner of the internet where I’ll be posting updates on my fledgling bridal business, passing along inspirational gems, and sharing my thoughts on any number of fashionable topics.
 
Something New, LLC is my attempt to interject levity into the sometimes intimidating world of the wedding gown. I have created several custom bridal gowns over the past two years, including my own, and am now in the process of finalizing a line of ready-to-wear wedding dresses.  Party dresses that you can get married in.  Dresses for brides who want to go to the bathroom by themselves. These are ideas that I try to keep in my mind at all times while designing a dress. 

In honor of my first post, I thought I would share pictures of my first custom dress that I created in the summer of 2009.  It also happens to be from the wedding of my two excellent friends, Joe and Sarah.  I had the pleasure of designing Sarah’s dress after she learned about the business I was starting. Being my very first client, Sarah knew that she was taking a bit of a chance.

“So, how many gowns have you made?”

“Well, one. My own.”

That conversation could make any bride-to-be a little nervous. But Sarah had the faith in my ability to be my first client. Together, Sarah and I designed this beautiful empire waist 100% silk satin crepe bias gown.  After a lot of sweat and a few tears (no blood, luckily.  It doesn't go very well with white) I delivered Sarah’s dress for her wedding day. She loved it and the silhouette was simply stunning.

At the reception, Sarah said she felt like she “was walking on a cloud.” Yay! 

As you can see from the pictures below, they had some very interesting weather for their big day.  They had it all: clouds, rain, lightning, thunder, sun, and wind!  Oh, man, the wind! After being friends with these two for ten years, this was absolutely appropriate.  In fact, I think it made their day even more amazing.

I hope you enjoy the pictures below!












"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable wall?
They get married."  -Kyle  

Photographer: Leah Dunbar / Venue: Phoenix Park 


No comments:

Post a Comment