Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nostalgia


So I’ve been feeling a bit nostalgic for the past week. Now that I have my online store ready to go and my man and I are approaching our 3 year anniversary, I’ve been reflecting on path that has lead me here. I always knew that I wanted to start my own business, but three years ago, I didn’t know exactly what it would be. I knew I wanted my business to make a difference and have a positive impact on the world, but I didn’t know exactly how. Then an idea came to me as Dan and I started planning our wedding. I’m not exactly what you would call a gown-gal. I’m more of a running-jumping-climbing-trees sort of individual and so the thought of tripping over myself or sweating to death under the August sun didn’t really jive with the image I had of myself on my wedding day. I set to work designing and sewing my own wedding dress after being disappointed with my options in bridal boutiques. I then wondered if there were perchance other women who felt the same way? Perhaps I could design dresses for the ever so slightly non-traditional bride looking for something a little different.  And I could use sustainable fabrics and work with local graphic designers, photographers, and seamstresses in the process!  Yes, this could work; it would work! And the rest, as they say, is history. So in the spirit of reflection and our approaching anniversary, I decided to post some of my favorite photos from our wedding day almost three years ago. The time has simply flown by and I couldn't be happier. I hope you enjoy the photos from our wonderful day.
















Um, excuse me, Ms. Maid-of-Honor, but you're not allowed to look better than the bride! 





I don't want to talk about it.







Look at her shoes!!!
Seriously, can I have those?


Tres chic, non?










Photography: Leah Dunbar / Venue: Fanny Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment