Sunday, December 19, 2010

Up and Coming

I am so excited; I almost cannot contain myself.

As you know, I am in the process of building my wedding gown business.  The past two years have been a steady but slow process where I primarily focused on a few custom pieces.

What you did not necessarily know (or, maybe you did…) is that during that time, I have also been working on my prêt-a-porter line of wedding dresses. This has taken me so much longer than I had expected, but it’s all about to be worth it. On Saturday, February 5th, I will be debuting my line of ready to wear bridal dresses at the Pardon Fashion show at The Raw Deal in Menomonie, WI.  That felt so good, I think I’ll type it again. I’m debuting my collection ready-to-wear bridal at the Pardon Fashion show on Saturday, February 5th, 2011.

The Pardon Fashion Show: A Feral Affair is open to the public and is sure to be a grand spectacle!  The show is produced by the lovely Raine Nimmer and Lindsey Baker who have already cut their teeth on the first Pardon Fashion Show, back in February 2010.   This year boasts more models and more designers, including Minneapolis based Adrienne Yancy who will be showing her 30+ piece collection before she flies off to the east coast for a little thing we like to call New York Fashion Week!  The show starts at 8:00 and doors open at 6:30.  If you’re planning on attending, I’d get there early because it’s going to be a packed house!

Then, two weeks later on Sunday February 20th from noon to four o’clock,  I’ll be taking part in The Menomonie Wedding Fair.  This will be my first convention all by myself!  I know, I’m growing up so fast! If you or anyone you know is planning a wedding in the near future, this event is definitely worth checking out. There will be a cornucopia of local bridal vendors for everything from cakes and photography to music and travel agencies.  I haven’t nailed it down yet, but I am hoping to offer a special deal to any individuals who sign up for regular e-mail updates at the convention!  It’ll be my little way of saying thank you for stopping my booth and letting me talk your ear off.


Yes, she's always this gorgeous. 


And finally, sometime in the near future the always fabulous Leah Dunbar will be shooting the photography for my ETSY.com store with my lovely model, Melissa, pictured above. This is maybe the biggest step of them all and quite possibly the one I am most excited about!  Having my ready-to-wear line of dresses available for sale on the internet will be the culmination of over two years of hard work and planning. I know it will mean an entirely new slew of challenges, but they are ones I have been working towards for a long time. I am very excited to offer my vision of wedding attire to women looking for Something New!


Melissa's photo taken by Emily Gerbig. 

1 comment: